The AutoVolt Nov-Dec 2015 issue is now available via all your favourite digital distributors; Magzter, Readly and Magcloud. This issue features a special first drive of the latest Nissan LEAF 30kWh version, that we tested in the South of France up the Col de Turini. We find out if the increased battery capacity and updated infotainment system improve the world’s favourite electric car. Plus, we conduct our first review of an electric bike, the KTM Freeride E-XC. It’s a bike that won’t disturb everyone within a five mile radius but how does it perform on the dirt?
We’ve taken a special look at the Dieselgate scandal and what it might mean for the automotive industry plus test Volkswagen’s Golf GTE – a plug-in hybrid car that could be the saviour for the disgraced company.
Talking to Weald Technology Ltd, we find out about an exciting British endeavour to create the world’s fastest electric drag bike. It will be capable of running a quarter mile sprint in just six seconds. That means it will accelerate from 0-roughly 200 mph in about five seconds! It’s a fascinating read.
There’s reviews of Nissan’s e-NV200 van, Hyundai’s ix35 Fuel Cell and a buying guide for the Lexus GS 450h too.
Main features in this issue are:
- FIRST DRIVE: Nissan LEAF 30kWh – The latest LEAF features a larger battery, more range and an improved infotainment system. We go to the South of France and test it up a hill.
- TECHNOLOGY: Charge Points Explained – AutoVolt visits Rolec, a leading UK charge point specialist, to find out how a charge point works.
- COVER FEATURE: KTM Freeride E-XC – AutoVolt’s first electric motorbike review is of the KTM Freeride dirt bike. Our man Hayward finds out if its any good.
- FEATURE: Oh Dear Diesel – We take a look at what happened and what may come from the ‘Dieselgate’ scandal.
- REVIEW: VW Golf GTE – Following our diesel feature, a review of a plug-in hybrid Volkswagen that could show the way forward for the company. It’s really rather good!
- REVIEW: Nissan e-NV200 Van – We’re more used to cars and tested the Combi but what’s the e-NV200 like as a purpose built electric van?
- FEATURE: Dewar & Simms Awards – AutoVolt was invited to an exclusive lunch at the Royal Automobile Club with the winners of the 2015 Dewar Trophy and Simms Medal.
- FEATURE: Fast Charge EV drag bike – This project has the potential to wow the world with a ‘six second’ electric dragster.
- REVIEW: Toyota Yaris Hybrid – A supermini with a hybrid powertrain is an unusual idea, but does it work?
- FIRST DRIVE: Hyundai ix35 Fuel Cell – AutoVolt tests the delightful Hyundai fuel cell vehicle and finds out what it’s like.
- BUYING GUIDE: Lexus GS 450h – What to consider if tempted by Lexus’ luxury hybrid barge.
The latest EV & hybrid news, plus handy guides explaining electric and hybrid vehicles to both the beginner and enthusiast alike complement every issue.