The Motorsport Industry Association (MIA) has announced a world-class line-up of panellists and vehicles for its popular Low Carbon Racing Conference which will take place, for the eighth year running, before the Autosport International Show – on 8th January 2014. As the world’s leading conference on high performance, low carbon technologies, the event has always attracted many of motorsport’s leading engineers and influencers, both as speakers and to the delegate floor.
2014’s central theme is the now-proven success of alternative energy powertrains, on race tracks and roads across the globe and the recognition that government bodies, such as the UK Automotive Council, have identified closer engagement between the motorsport and automotive industries as key to success in the global auto industry.
Panellists for 2014 include:
- Scott Atherton, President – IMSA and United SportsCar Championship (via video link)
- Ulrich Baretzky, Head of Engine Development – Audi Sport
- Vincent Beaumesnil, Sporting Director (ACO)
- Lord Paul Drayson, CEO & Team Principal, Drayson Racing Technologies
- Mike Gallery – Chief Programmes Engineer Chassis Engineering, Jaguar Land Rover
- Roger Griffiths, Technical Director – Honda Performance Development Inc.
- Thomas Laudenbach, Head of Electrical Systems, Electronics, Energy Systems -Audi Sport
- Adrian Moore, Technical Director – Xtrac
- Paul Newsome, Chief Technical Officer – Williams Advanced Engineering
- Bernard Niclot, Technical Director – FIA
- Will Phillips, Vice President, Technology – IndyCar / Indy Lights
- Mark Preston, Team Principal – Super Aguri Formula E
- Steve Sapsford, Global Market Sector Director – High Performance Vehicles & Motorsport, Ricardo
- Steve Wickham, Vice President Chassis Operations – Toyota Racing Development
The event will also include an unmissable showcase of world-leading high performance low carbon vehicles including:
- Drayson Racing Technologies’ B12/69EV which recently set an impressive four electric land speed records
- Jaguar’s ground-breaking C-X75 prototype – developed in partnership with Williams Advanced Engineering
- Lotus’ Evora 414e hybrid concept
- Spark Racing Technology’s SRT_01E, Formula E car
- Tesla Motors’ Model S roadcar – the best-selling electric car in Canada
- AMZ Racing’s winning 2013 Formula Student car, ‘Julier’ – The first electric vehicle in the prestigious competition’s history to win outright against its combustion-engined competitors
This will be complemented by cutting-edge technology displays from companies, including:
- Flybrid Automotive
- Williams Advanced Engineering
Chris Aylett, CEO of the MIA commented:
“The Low Carbon Racing Conference always attracts the very highest quality of speaker, as well as delegates, making for a unique networking opportunity. This year is no exception with visitors promised a unique insight into the exciting future of high performance low carbon technology in motorsport, technological developments and new business opportunities in the sector.”
Visit the MIA’s 8th international Low Carbon Racing Conference to celebrate this success and learn, first-hand how this is set to continue into the future. Express your views and ideas, direct questions to expert panellists, and experience the very latest innovations first hand.
Tickets for the event are priced at £150 + VAT for MIA members and £200 + VAT for non-members. To purchase tickets or for further information please contact Carrim Bundhun at the MIA on 02476 692 600 or [email protected], or visit www.the-mia.com/Events-Diary
Source; MIA Press Release