The opening round of the second season of the FIA Formula E Championship will now take place on October 24.
On September 7, the Beijing authorities made a request to Formula E Holdings to postpone the race by one week due to other events taking place in the Olympic Park from October 16-18.
Formula E CEO Alejandro Agag said:
“While it is regrettable that the date of the opening race has had to be delayed by one week, we understand the logistical difficulties in staging conflicting events. Together with our partners and the authorities, we therefore decided that the best course of action was to move our race by one week. We remain confident that despite the date change the Beijing ePrix will provide for a spectacular start to the second season of our championship.”
The date change for the Beijing ePrix does not affect the rest of the calendar.
2015-2016 FIA Formula E Championship calendar
- October 24, 2015 – Beijing ePrix
- November 7, 2015 – Putrajaya ePrix
- December 19, 2015 – Punta del Este ePrix
- February 6, 2016 – Buenos Aires ePrix
- March 19, 2016 – TBC
- April 2, 2016 – Long Beach ePrix
- April 23, 2016 – Paris ePrix
- May 21, 2016 – Berlin ePrix
- June 4, 2016 – Moscow ePrix
- TBC, 2016 – London ePrix
Source; FIA Formula E