Citroën has revealed Cactus, a new concept car and a vision for future C-line models. Shedding the superfluous, Citroën Cactus is a desirable, user-friendly car that creates a unique harmony between the distinctive and the practical, offering comfort for all occupants with easy-to-use technology.
Pure and functional styling:
- Strong styling focused on efficiency (light weight & aerodynamic)
- High-tech look and non-aggressive flowing surfaces
- ‘Airbumps’, customisable design components covered with a soft skin featuring air capsules that protect the body of the car
- An airy driver’s station housing all the controls in a 100% digital interface
- Sofa-style front seats for more comfort
- Natural materials laid out in a stylish, relaxed atmosphere
- A Hybrid Air drivetrain for economic running costs and reduced environmental footprint
- Intuitive connectivity, including access to the Citroën Multicity Connect portal
- The origins of Citroën Cactus began with the C-Cactus concept car, which premiered at the 2007 Frankfurt show.
C-Cactus was a radical automotive approach that posed a number of key questions: What do motorists expect from cars in today’s world? And which equipment and features really count? The exercise pushed engineers and designers to make sweeping changes and explore new solutions to motoring challenges. The pragmatic approach avoided the unessential to concentrate on what makes motorists feel good. The end result is the Citroën Cactus – a concept car which previews future models in the C-line.